Built in 1927, Fig @ 313 stands today as an original historical landmark of San Clemente, with a history that is meant to be shared with its seaside community. Carefully constructed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, distinctive design features include red-tile roofs, white stucco walls, hand-crafted windows and arches, painted tiles, and open-air courtyards.
Originally owned for the first 33 years by John and Jeanette Riley, 313 N El Camino Real was renowned as Riley's Waffle and Coffee Shop. Legend has it that John Wayne frequented the restaurant for a hearty American breakfast along with many travelers from all over the world. From 1960 on, Riley's Cafe would change ownership many times, evolving into a furniture store, French restaurant, tequila company, and catering business. In 2012, the current owners purchased the property and began renovations and restoration, while staying true to the integrity of the original style. The grand opening was received enthusiastically by the local community in 2018.